When trying to figure out how I was going to get my toddler, my mom and myself to and from our hotel in California, I was starting to get pretty stressed. Thank goodness I asked my hotel what I should do, and they suggested SuperShuttle. I was still a little skeptical, but here is the scoop.
What I liked:
- A SuperShuttle shared ride (which is what I did) was about half the rate of what a taxi would have cost. You can also choose to have a private ride, but it about doubled the price. No bueno.
- I was worried that with sharing a ride, it would greatly increase our drop-off and pick-up times, but luckily they coordinated it so the timings and locations were all very close and we only had maybe a 10-15 minute increase in our times. Not bad at all!
- SuperShuttle keeps track of your flights to make sure they pick you up and drop you off on time.
- Everything is electronic, so they send you a link via email to let them know when your plane has landed, etc. Then, they text you to let you know what van number is assigned to you and that it is on the way, etc. This is comforting information to have, if you are a stress case, like myself.
- You can find discount codes online.
What I didn’t like:
- It was a little difficult to find where to wait at the airport for pickup, but that was resolved by asking a nice airport employee who knew exactly where the “SuperShuttle” sign was.
- Our ride from the hotel was like 15 minutes early, which ended up being fine, but makes me a little nervous for the next time, so make sure you are ready before your scheduled hotel pick-up time.
- I had to bring my own car-seat for my toddler (which I would have had to do anyway if I was taking a cab, so it really wasn’t that big of a deal).
Overall, I felt pretty awesome about my experience. And my toddler felt like this:
so that’s pretty great, haha.
Any other airport transportation options you might recommend??