AKA, my “made-from-random-stuff-I-had-lying-around-the-house wreath.” Seriously, my husband thought I was crazy when I tried to describe to him what I was going to do, but I think it turned out awesome and am super happy with it!
I was itching to have a cute heart wreath on my door for V-day, but I had such a specific idea of what I wanted that nothing at the store was right for me, not even the Styrofoam hearts, so I set out to making my own.
- Wire clothes hanger
- Plastic food wrap
- Hot glue and gun
- Jersey fabric (I had some left over from a maxi skirt I made a few years ago)
- Use wire cutters to cut off the hook part of the hanger and form into a heart shape
- I used a dab of hot glue to keep the heart together
3. Wrap heart shape with plastic wrap until you have the desired thickness
4. I used a strip of fabric to then cover the entire thing, so there was no evidence of the plastic wrap (so tricky)
5. Cut out a million little circles and glue all over the heart shape (follow instructions on this other awesome blog)
6. Then I just safety pinned a ribbon onto the back and stuck it on my door.
I love how it turned out, and that it cost me no money to make. My husband also loves that it cost me no money to make. And he admits that it is also “so cute.” Haha.
Hope you love it!